Sunday, April 03, 2005

SUNDAY IS MARKET DAY IN PORT DOUGLAS

We had tropical torrential rains throughout the night but by morning both the birds and the sun were out like clock work.

The television in my room gets 10 channels of which 9 seem to be dedicated to various forms of rugby. I was thankful that CNN accessed at least one of the stations to update this part of the world about the anticipated passing of the Pope, John Paul II. May he rest in peace.

I made it to market early this morning and walked the booths for hours making up my mind. On this market venture, my nephews scored.

Port Douglas is as alive today as it was last night--everything is open and the weather is trying its best. But locals say if it looks a little shoddy one moment you are encouraged to wait a second and more often than not, it will improve. The wind out on the sea is at least 25 knots and the boats went out to the Reef today. Tomorrow the winds should be more like 20 knots which is still too much in my book, but I will suck it up and will be heading out about 35-50 kilometers to the Great Reef....AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home